On Wed, Sep 20, 2000 at 11:47:14AM +0100, Ian Dash wrote:
> Hi,
>    is it possible to build the vanilla server under win32? i.e under
> CygWin or MSVC..
>
> I've tried unsuccessfully under CygWin and alsohaven't had any joy
> building the zipped MSVC distribution that I got from netrek.org.
>
> I'm running NT4.0 with the latest 'net release' of CygWin, and tried
> compiling the MSVC version under MSVC5.0.
>
> Any pointers would be much appreciated :)

The Vanilla server does not work under Win32.  There is an NT port
of an older version of the server available at
	ftp://ftp.netrek.org/pub/netrek/servers/vanilla/NT/
but I do not believe it is fully functional.

If you make any improvements, please upload the tarballs to ftp.netrek.org
so that we can archive them.

--
Dave Ahn | ahn at vec.wfubmc.edu | Wake Forest University Baptist Medical Center

When you were born, you cried and the world rejoiced.  Try to live your life
so that when you die, you will rejoice and the world will cry.  -1/2 jj^2