On Wed, Sep 20, 2000 at 12:46:50PM -0500, Bob Tanner wrote:
> Quoting Jeffrey Nowakowski (jeffno at ccs.neu.edu):
> > I think the point of Jyve/FAQ-O-Matic is to let random Joe Blow update
> > a FAQ for you.  I'm not so sure that is any better than somebody
> > mailing Tom and saying "Please add blah blah to the FAQ."  Is the
> > problem Tom never gets around to updating the FAQ, or that people
> > never provide input?
>
> I definately know the latter is a case, but I think a FAQ engine would(?)
> facilitate this a little more. At least then people can add to the comments to
> the FAQ.

FAQ engines are nice, but I think there are problems with completely open
content control.  The sheer number of irrelevant questions might make the
FAQ completely useless.

I think the key is to allow several people access to modifying the FAQ
content.  I don't know if Tom is open to this idea.  In trying to facilitate
a more up-to-date Netrek home page, I've been considering using a content
management system like Zope to allow additional maintainers for sections
of the site.  For example, it'd be great if I can find somebody to update
and maintain Netrek hockey related pages under the www.netrek.org umbrella.
And to get some help finishing up the ever-in-progress player's guide.

--
Dave Ahn | ahn at vec.wfubmc.edu | Wake Forest University Baptist Medical Center

When you were born, you cried and the world rejoiced.  Try to live your life
so that when you die, you will rejoice and the world will cry.  -1/2 jj^2