On Wed, Dec 05, 2001 at 11:41:05PM -0800, Tom Holub wrote:
> On Wed, Dec 05, 2001 at 11:22:53PM -0500, Mark Mielke wrote:
> > Tom: Do you see the potential, even if you don't believe it would ever
> > amount to anything in your life time?
> I see that you have absolutely no clue what you're talking about.  If you
> increase robot phaserlocking to be 100% accurate, ROBOTS WILL STILL SUCK AT
> NETREK.  You're talking about the wrong problem.

I think in my zeal, I forgot to present my argument. I presented a case,
without listing the primary benefit.

The primary benefit being... that cloaking is not an effective technique
against robots that can see right through your cloak.

The successful robot team would have to greatly diminish any gains you
would receive from certain tactics, or cause them to be ineffective.

By eliminating tactics that can be effectively used against the robots,
the problem space becomes reduced as a result.

You are telling me that I am approaching things from the wrong angle. I
ask you... when was the last time you wrote a bot that could successfully
win against most, if not all INL teams?

How would you know which angle was the wrong one?

mark

--
mark at mielke.cc/markm at ncf.ca/markm at nortelnetworks.com __________________________

                       and in the darkness bind them...