On Thu, Dec 06, 2001 at 12:29:04PM -0500, Mark Mielke wrote:

> This seems religious in nature. I wonder what would happen if the
> best INL team *was* beaten by a set of bots? Would the loss in
> pride by sufficient to cause them to give up Netrek? Or would their
> ambition cause them to improve to a point where they could beat
> the bot?

I would suggest that you simply write your bots.  A good place to start
is Hadley's code and paper.  See www.netrek.org/developer.html and the
link at the top.  (If you're not an ACM member, email me and I can send
you the paper.)  I can guarantee that if you were successful in writing
AI heuristics to get a team of robots to win consistently against even
an average league team, it would be worthy of publication in ACM or IEEE
transactions.

--
Dave Ahn | ahn at vec.wfubmc.edu | Wake Forest University Baptist Medical Center

When you were born, you cried and the world rejoiced.  Try to live your life
so that when you die, you will rejoice and the world will cry.  -1/2 jj^2