I wasn't aware that this is a server controlled feature.

I just took it for granted that the feature is one of
those things that are available in COW and nothing else,
since I've been using it for years on blessed servers with
no problems.

The only reason I even use it is because my hand will hurt
if I have to click lots of times on the mouse.

But expiring all clients will be a problem as will forcing
people who will upgrade the client to change their playing
style (like using a new keymap!)  There's also the equivalent
of keyrepeat (not an option in the netrekrc AFAIK), where
pressing a key will have the effect of pressing it many
times (or is that server controlled as well?)  I know some
players use this technique instead of continuousMouse.

gerard