From: "Trent Piepho" <xyzzy at speakeasy.org>
] the rules of netrek

> > > No 'rules' have been changed. 'Rules' will be exploited.
> >
> > If no rules have been changed, then my client should be able to tell
other
> > clients everything it is seeing, and vice-versa.  Why do you think that
> > feature is not allowed in any blessed clients?  (Because it's a rule).
>
> That is just stupid.  It's like saying playing in the same room is
cheating
> because you can talk to each other, and you can't speak to other players
with
> normal clients.

The difference is, speaking to each other in the room has never been
illegal, but clients directly exchanging information has always been.

But my primary problem with it isn't because it's against the rules, per se,
but because robots competing against humans using machinelike advantages is
just not as interesting as robots using intelligence and strategy.

I've made it as clear as I can, and I'm dropping it unless I hear a new
argument :)

Dan