On Fri, Jan 26, 2001 at 05:09:46PM -0600, John Hitt wrote:
> I am behind a firewall, but I opened all UDP ports above 1023.
> I also just tried specifically to use on of the open ports (-U <port>)
> and it still got the same error.

If your firewall is doing NAT/masq, then it is not enough to open up the
UDP ports.  You should turn on the portswap mode.  BRMH has it on by default.
COW does not.  That is why the first works while the second fails.

--
Dave Ahn | ahn at vec.wfubmc.edu | Wake Forest University Baptist Medical Center

When you were born, you cried and the world rejoiced.  Try to live your life
so that when you die, you will rejoice and the world will cry.  -1/2 jj^2