If the sound files still don't work you can try
downloading from:

http://142.104.104.232/ecow/cow_down.html

Download the Minimal + Metaserver Add-on + Fed Sounds
(2.29 MB).

Scrap the client and keep the sound effects if you
like.

Make sure your RC file contains something like:

# Sound Settings
sound: on
sounddir: C:\Rec\Netrek\FedSnds

That should get you up and running with sound.

Lee
aka
Crommie'