On Wed, 9 May 2001, Jeffrey Nowakowski wrote:
> Trent Piepho <xyzzy at speakeasy.org> wrote:
> >
> > There seems to be a much larger queue on continuum lately.  Maybe it would be
> > a good idea to bring back the newbie server.
>
> netrek.astro.ufl.edu is running newbie code.  It's listed as chaos but
> there aren't wrap around walls or galaxy ships?

It doesn't have 8v8 though.  I played there and it was kind of messed up, the
teams would be 6 vs 4 and no more bots would come in.  Then someone from the 4
person team would leave and the bots would switch to another team, 6vs2vs2.
8v8 full time makes a lot more sense to me.  It also crashes then there is a
geno, has silly plasma, doesn't have twarp fling, and doesn't seem to remember
a player's stats when they leave.

I have noticed that this server and continuum seem to be the only ones with
any players.