Hi,

You probably joined the wrong list.  This vanilla-devel list is for CVS logs
and administrative stuff.  You're welcome to stay on this list, but you
probably really wanted to join vanilla-list which is the main forum for
help and discussions.

> unreachable (timeout)
>
> Actually, it seems there is a problem with the whole subdomain us.netrek.org:
> my first mail to quozl at us.netrek.org bounced back

I believe this was fixed yesterday.

It might help to know what plaform you are building on.  But to answer your
questions...

> 1) is RSA stuff still needed ?

For public servers, yes RSA is highly recommended.  If you don't include
it, then people can cheat on your server by using unauthorized clients.
RES-RSA is a different package from OpenSSL and is specific to netrek.  To
have RSA support, you need it.  If you drop it into Vanilla/res-rsa, then
it will automatically configure it.  It appears that SourceForge moved their
web page URL's around.  You can get it from
	ftp://ftp.netrek.org/pub/netrek/

There are no restriction on exporting it to Europe.

You cannot package RES-RSA separately from Vanilla.  This is because the
entire source has to be rebuilt if RSA is enabled.  At best you can create
two versions of Vanilla, one with RSA support one without.  But they have
to be self-sufficient.

> 2)0-sized png file in Vanilla/rpm

Not sure about this one.  Probably not important.

> 3)and it doesn't compile :-(
> make[1]: Entre dans le répertoire `/home/guillaume/tmp/Vanilla-2.9pl7/xsg'
> gcc     -I../ntserv -DRSA   -I/usr/X11R6/include -c colors.c
> gcc     -I../ntserv -DRSA   -I/usr/X11R6/include -c dmessage.c
> gcc     -I../ntserv -DRSA   -I/usr/X11R6/include -c inform.c
> gcc     -I../ntserv -DRSA   -I/usr/X11R6/include -c input.c
> gcc     -I../ntserv -DRSA   -I/usr/X11R6/include -c main.c
> gcc     -I../ntserv -DRSA   -I/usr/X11R6/include -c modify.c
> gcc     -I../ntserv -DRSA   -I/usr/X11R6/include -c newwin.c
> gcc     -I../ntserv -DRSA   -I/usr/X11R6/include -c option.c
> gcc     -I../ntserv -DRSA   -I/usr/X11R6/include -c planetlist.c
> gcc     -I../ntserv -DRSA   -I/usr/X11R6/include -c planets.c
> gcc     -I../ntserv -DRSA   -I/usr/X11R6/include -c playerlist.c
> gcc     -I../ntserv -DRSA   -I/usr/X11R6/include -c redraw.c
> redraw.c: In function `run_clock':
> redraw.c:874: warning: assignment makes pointer from integer without a cast
> redraw.c:875: dereferencing pointer to incomplete type
> redraw.c:877: dereferencing pointer to incomplete type
> redraw.c:879: dereferencing pointer to incomplete type
> make[1]: *** [redraw.o] Erreur 1
> make[1]: Quitte le répertoire `/home/guillaume/tmp/Vanilla-2.9pl7/xsg'
> make: *** [do_xsg] Erreur 2

Most likely you are missing a system header file.  Might want to track down
where it is on your OS and include it at the top.  If you submit a patch,
after it builds, we can put it into the main source tree.

Dave
--
Dave Ahn | ahn at vec.wfubmc.edu | Wake Forest University Baptist Medical Center

When you were born, you cried and the world rejoiced.  Try to live your life
so that when you die, you will rejoice and the world will cry.  -1/2 jj^2