Changing the doRead() to read BUFSIZE bytes fixes the full update bug. Full game
on continuum and I logged in 10 obs, hit = for full update and the client
doesn't crash, or randon net planets, like it use to.

James, does continuum have 1.20 genpkt.c or 1.21?

Anyways, did the same thing on our private netrek server, which is running
cvs-snapshot of 06/20/2002 with 10 obs and 16 players, full updates don't crash
the client.

But I'm still seeing the very slow updated to player stats in the player window.

If I request a full update shouldn't I get all the player stats fairly quickly?

--
Bob Tanner <tanner at real-time.com>         | Phone : (952)943-8700
http://www.mn-linux.org, Minnesota, Linux | Fax   : (952)943-8500