On Thu, Oct 10, 2002 at 11:10:32AM -0700, Zach wrote:
> Ok. I'm curious what do you do merge a patch (i.e. the
> output of diff I'll send you) into a source file? Isn't it
> simpler for me just to send the entire new document?

I don't think it would be wise for me to answer this until you complete
at least one change to the document. When you send me the diff, then
I'll tell you what I did with it ... you don't really need to know yet.

Trust me.

Just do it.

In the time it takes you to have written that reply, read this reply,
and written another one, you might have;

- used CVS to update your local copy,
  'cd Vanilla;cvs update README.developers'

- used an editor to edit text into the file,
  'vi README.developers'

- used CVS to produce a diff,
  'cvs diff -c README.developers > tmp'

- sent it to me,
  'mutt -a tmp quozl at us.netrek.org'

Of course, we may change the process later if you start contributing in
a big way.