On Wed, Oct 09, 2002 at 06:51:46AM -0700, Zach wrote:
> I counted well over 200,000 lines of code. That is a 'few'?
> :)

I count 199 C files, 56 header files.  105,556 lines of code.
Yes, that's small.

> What are these tools?

They abound.

cxref
lxr
cgvg
ctags
etags

See also README.developers which explains how to use etags and the
emacs m-. key to jump to definitions of functions or variables.

It isn't the job of *this* project to document the tools that are
available, so README.developers is really outside the documentation
scope.  It is probably also out of date.

> Ok. Many (most?) files don't even have a comment header at
> the top saying at the very least the purpose of the code in
> there and short documentation of the functions.

Much of the recent code does have a description, as the standards
for acceptance had changed.  See gencmds.c for an example of a very
brief header.  See also genspkt.c, and getentry.c.  ltd_stats.c is
one of Dave's recent ones.

Please suggest a comment header by issuing a patch to a relatively
straightforward single source file, and we'll comment on it, and
apply it to CVS.  In short, show us the code.