On Mon, Sep 22, 2003 at 05:48:06AM -0700, Zach wrote:
> I am following the directions for CVS access at:
> http://cow.netrek.org yet it is not allowing me to access
> the /cvs dir:
> yoda at bach:~/netrek$ cvs -d
> :pserver:cow at cowsrc.netrek.org:/cvs login
> Logging in to :pserver:cow at cowsrc.netrek.org:2401/cvs
> CVS password:
> cvs login: authorization failed: server cowsrc.netrek.org
> rejected access to /cvs for user cow

Firstly, this is not the appropriate mailing list.  Use the
vanilla-clients mailing list for client side problems.  ;-)
This is where COW's response e-mail address is directed, and where
Kurt lurks, I think.

Secondly, the information in CVS itself on how to access CVS
is not consistent with the instructions you read at cow.netrek.org.

I'll attach the README.CVS file.