On Thursday 06 January 2005 14:51, E. Hietbrink wrote:
> I do not want to ask the guy this now, but I'd like to know how we can
> *prove* that the features we discuss were present in Netrek/Xtrek in the
> 80's? Anyone still has CVS logfiles? Or what methods could we use for that?

What I found quickly is an old CD of mine when I left university, which
contains as oldest source distribution the

 calvin-2.2pl3.tar.gz

Server and

BRM.3.00pl3.tar.gz

Client both with all the timestamps from 1993

which is enough for that purpose.

I might try to get the bronco sources from somewhere or maybe Tom will find
some archive with berkely server code.

But anyway, I think the bronco code is the oldest modern Netrek server
available.

But wait, I just found the oldest RSA server code. Probably bronco code.

 rsa.netrek.tar.Z

The archive has been created on 1993-01-18 :-)

Kurt

--
Kurt Siegl / Franzberg 4, A-4483 Hargelsberg, Austria
Email: Kurt.Siegl at hargelsberg.at  Tel (ISDN):   *(7225)7017