On Tue, 15 Mar 2005 22:18:06 +1100, James Cameron <quozl at us.netrek.org> wrote:
> Sounds interesting; have you released your prototype yet?

http://thorne.id.au/users/stephen/tarballs/cow-python.tar.gz
The build process is not automated, the procedure is:

cd cow
make
('n' to question about stable release, make will fail with errors
linking netrek, ignore these, we're not using a linked cow executable,
we just want the .o files)
cd python
make
python -c "import trek; trek.main()"

I have trouble with autoconf, I basically don't know how to use it.
I'm going to investigate so I can unbreak the build process and use
#defines properly as to provide the ability to build cow normally, or
the python cow.

Task number 1 on my list is hooking in a pygame window, blitting
graphics to it, and drawing torps on that canvas as the game is
played.

I want to be able to set up a vanilla server that has two teams of
robots playing against each other, so I can borg a test (join the
server, fly towards enemies until explode, quit the game). I fear that
PLAYING netrek is the primary reason client development stagnates.

Regards,
Stephen Thorne