On Sun, Apr 16, 2006 at 07:37:50AM -0400, Zach wrote:
> http://cow.netrek.org is defunct

It redirects to the content from http://netrek.org/ which is a
reasonable default, better than a 404.

> Here is a copy from March 9th:
> http://web.archive.org/web/20050309215938/www.netrek.org/cow/
>
> Perhaps someone can restore this on netrek.org

Go ahead and do it, generate a darcs change set and let me know when
you've done it.  Put it in a directory called cow.  Most of the content
is from COW CVS.  The index page probably isn't, as I wasn't able to
find it in CVS.

On Sun, Apr 16, 2006 at 07:38:32AM -0400, Zach wrote:
> Where can I find the latest COW sources?

You must have missed my announcement of my release of COW 3.2.0, just
over a month ago.  You'll find it in the archives.  The .tar.gz source
is in http://quozl.linux.org.au/netrek/ and the CVS repository is the
module client/cow on the Netrek CVS repository on SourceForge.

On Sun, Apr 16, 2006 at 07:40:42AM -0400, Zach wrote:
> FTP service is *not* running on ftp.netrek.org
> ftp://ftp.netrek.org
> Can someone look into this?

Why?  FTP is so seventies.  Unless we have a clear need for it, I'm
inclined to deprecate it and fix all references.  Where did you see a
link to it?

http://ftp.netrek.org/ seems to work fine.  Feedback link to Dave.