On Wed, Apr 26, 2006 at 09:25:46AM -0400, Zach wrote:
> Nope just CVS and SVN, but I looked at the darcs author's website and
> there is a CGI script, darcs.cgi, that will allow us to view
> repositories from the web. Here is the script in action on his
> website: http://abridgegame.org/cgi-bin/darcs.cgi/darcs/

Well, if you need online repository browsing, set it up.  Let us know
when you've got it running.

I can't see the use myself.

Nothing else relies upon Netrek, it's not like it is essential
infrastructure that other projects use.  Using darcs or CVS or
wget to obtain the source is easy.  The source isn't exactly large,
so there's no significant benefit in allowing individual file download
in some special fashion.

The darcs repositories are directly browsable anyway; you can make
reference to the current version of a file simply by using the URL
for the repository as a base.  For example, the NEWS file in the
Vanilla source tree ...

http://www.netrek.org/repos/netrek-server/Vanilla/NEWS

... and the same file in my repository ...

http://james.tooraweenah.com/darcs/netrek-server/Vanilla/NEWS

For those on 56k modem, darcs is still the fastest method over any CGI
interface, since the patches are gzip compressed, and don't include
any HTML encapsulation.  Once downloaded and cached, there's no need
to go back to the web until another patch arrives.