On Wed, Dec 13, 2006 at 09:45:25PM +0100, Rado S wrote:
> Not being familiar with darcs yet (and generally preferring less
> tech- requirements for editorial work) I'd rather see a wiki than
> darcs.

We've both at the moment.  There is a wiki for development topics, but
it could contain temporary topics that deserve to be player facing, all
it lacks is the content.

darcs is currently used for netrek.org, vanilla.us.netrek.org,
continuum, metaserver, and a few other minor things like source code.

I'm quite happy to explain darcs to anyone who needs to know how to use
it ... it is really quite simple.  Not significantly different to other
tools.

1.  install darcs,

2.  use "darcs get http://www.netrek.org/" to get a copy of the
repository downloaded,

3.  make changes using editors of your choice,

4.  use "darcs add" if you add any new files,

5.  use "darcs record" to have your changes recorded as a changeset,

6.  use "darcs send" to send the changes to the mailing list or
maintainer, or use "darcs push" to send the changes to a directory you
have made available for others to access over HTTP.