On Tue, Dec 19, 2006 at 05:01:53PM -0800, William Balcerski wrote:
> I'm sorry to have to bring this to a public forum, but it's an issue that
> affects the netrek community, and I'm at a loss of what to do.  In May

[...]

Bob is well respected and has been an invaluable supporter of the netrek
community for many years.  If he is blocking your access to one machine
which he owns and administrates on his network, then he must have valid
reasons whether you agree or disagree.  This one machine, though host to
metaserver.us. and continuum.us. which are popular services, does not
comprise "most of the netrek infrastructure."  There are quite a few of
us who collaboratively administrate all of the netrek infrastructure,
and I cannot recall a single instance in which undue influence was
exerted by any one person over the group.

Frankly, I'm getting the impression that this is boiling down to "he did
this, so I'm going to do that."  If you really intend your development
work to benefit the community, then your problem with Bob should not
bleed over the end-users of your software, since those end-users do not
share your problem.