New-be-nice is the default login that comes with the netrekrc off
playnetrek.org, I noticed that stas's latest release off his website does
not use this, as his version does not come with an rc file, so instead
the program uses your Windows login as your login name.  I was planning on
including an rc file, but changing default login to "netrek-player".
However, I imagine this too would be banned by tamu's operator (Michael).
Seeing as how I cannot even connect to his server due to a 3 year+
siteban, plus he won't speak to me, I really have no desire for my client
to be used on his server.  If he were willing to work with me, I could
accept your patch as is, to just stop the default login.  Though in that
case I think the -h block wouldn't be needed, as if you are at the level
where you know how to connect manually to a server you aren't that
clueless a player.
Bill