On Tue, May 09, 2006 at 01:05:52PM +1000, James Cameron wrote:

> Only because we used to.  We're moving away slowly.  Once upon a time it
> was great.

	No.  Once upon a time it was new.  And the only game in town.

	There have /always/ been issues with various parts of the
	SF infrastructure; since day one.  It is built of kludge upon
	kludge.

	It has never been 'great' except in the sense that it has had
	much to do with the momentum of the Open Source movement.  I
	will give them credit where due; I will not however consider
	them reliable.  And not being able to update a project code
	repository on a service that exists almost solely for that
	express purpose is just not cool.

	I am extremely happy to see Vanilla and eventually the other
	projects moved to darcs.  And I appreciate the time that the
	various developers have put into this effort.  You time will
	have paid off quite quickly, I expect, in the near future.

							John

--
"I'm sorry but our engineers do not have phones."
As stated by a Network Solutions Customer Service representative when asked to

"My other computer is your windows box."
                                     Ralf Hildebrandt