Okay,

  I'm sure that won't work either. I guess i need to get e-mail working on my linux box....

  instead, let me attach assault.c which should go into the "robotd" directory.

  Makes bots cloak while bombing enemy home world even when no enemy is around. This makes for more successful bombing.

  Jimmy

Jimmy Huang <jimmyhua73 at yahoo.com> wrote:  Hmm,

  I just realized, I don't have e-mail setup on my linux box. hmmm.

  I just did a

  darcs send

  followed the instructions, and it seemed to go through okay.

  Anyone see it? It's named "cloakbombing"

  If not, I just edited my bounced e-mail and attached it as above.

  Jimmy

James Cameron <quozl at us.netrek.org> wrote:  In addition to what Stephen said ... here's my comments.

On Tue, May 09, 2006 at 08:37:03AM -0700, Jimmy Huang wrote:
> Quick question:
> I imagine darcs record, then darcs send.
> Sends the whole tree.

Yeah, I thought that for about a minute, until I tested a darcs "get"
and found that darcs maintained a pristine copy.  So the "record" and
"send" are diffs against this pristine copy kept locally.  In a   manner
of speaking.

One trick to really learn this stuff quickly is to do a darcs "get" then
recursive copy the tree *twice* to some other place (/tmp), and then do
darcs operations between the two temporary copies, imagining that one is
yours and one is someone else's.

Things to remember are:

- that a "push" can operate over SSH or local filesystem, and that a
  "send" is a "push" over e-mail.

- that a "get" is the initial "pull", and includes the effects of
  "init",

- that a "pull" can operate over SSH, local filesystem, and HTTP,

- that an "apply" is the e-mail transport equivalent of "pull".

> Is there a way to do this only to a single directory
> like the robotd directory or a single file?

Yes.  Had to do this myself last night, when my repository contained
unrecorded changes to several files but I wanted the changes to go as
separate patches.  Just add the file names to the   "record".