Okay,

I uncommented all references to mfprintf in the code,
and could not get the function to execute on it's own
anymore.

So what I did was:

1. start a bunch of robots until you could join in,
but not get the wait queue. U see 8 vs. 8, but cannot
join any teams.

2. looked for the phrase "team or ship rejected" in
main.c. There are 2 instances of this phrase, one uses
mprintf and the other uses mfprintf.

3. replaced the mprintf phrase to match that of the
mfprintf phrase:

mfprintf(stderr, "team or ship rejected.\n");

I assume you can run the above function from anywhere
in main.c and it should spit out a message. If your
team or ship gets rejected.

gdb robot

run -h localhost
Starting program:
/home/jimmyhua/darcs/netrek-server/Vanilla/robotd/robot
-h localhost
Calling localhost.
Got connection.
non-udp client send.
initializing planets
login ...non-udp client send.
non-udp client send.

non-udp client send.
team ...

sent TeamReq team: 1, ship: 2
non-udp client send.
-> Server sending PING packets at 2 second intervals
-> I cannot allow that.  Pick another team
got pickOk = 0

0x400abf79 in vfprintf () from /lib/libc.so.6
(gdb) bt
#0  0x400abf79 in vfprintf () from /lib/libc.so.6
#1  0x08068d9d in mfprintf (format=0x65796200 "") at
util.c:455
#2  0x080605be in main (argc=3, argv=0x0) at
main.c:403

Any ideas?

Jimmy