Hi,

I think the max number of players in netrek are

all the letters in the alphabet and all the numbers.

So, 26+10, or 36.

Your standard game is 8 vs. 8.  But in addition to
that. You can have up to 4 fighting robots that mix it
up, and they take slots too. Also, 1 robot that
controls the game. And a bunch of "observers", up to 8
(sometimes more, based on who sets up the server).

People in the wait queue when the game is full, also
take up a slot. (Although U shouldn't get getting
information about these people).

Jimmy

--- Chris en Judith <narcis at lukassen.homelinux.com>