On Tue, May 23, 2006 at 11:47:10AM -0700, William Balcerski wrote:
> I would propose having all patches go to the same list for both CVS and
> darcs, maybe rename netrek-CVS to netrek-patches.  Keep netrek-dev low
> traffic, for design issues or approval of potentinally controversial
> patches only.  And redefine the currently unused netrek mailing list as
> for players, clue game announcements, etc.  Change mailman.us.netrek.org
> to reflect that, and advertise on rgn and server MOTDs.

I think we set up netrek at us.netrek.org specifically to replace all the
various user/player lists.  It's just that most people don't seem to be
using that list.  I wouldn't mind seeing the darcs patches go to
netrek-cvs, but James has a good point about keeping developers in the
loop on netrek-dev.  There is always the digest subscription mode.

On Wed, May 24, 2006 at 08:20:10AM +1000, James Cameron wrote:

> I'd like to do so, yes.  It keeps developers in the loop.  I expect all
> developers to review the patches.  I think we are getting code reviews
> faster than if we'd posted to the netrek-cvs list, whose membership is
> unknown to me.  I'd like a netrek-announce list for anyone who can't
> afford the cost of seeing the patches on netrek-dev, but perhaps the
> bare netrek list is sufficient.

I do think the base netrek@ list is sufficient and a netrek-announce is
unnecessary; the netrek-announce we had on SF never got used.