make
make install

Now it is:

sh autogen.sh
./configure --prefix==/tmp/netrek
make
make install

You have to type make twice, as ranlib doesn't work
the way it should, but it clears up the 2nd time you
try.

Also, you need a whole bunch of other software
packages that you didn't used to need. Figure out what
they are as when autogen crashes. I forgot what they
were (i should have written down what I did).

Jimmy