On Mon, 29 May 2006, James Cameron wrote:

> On Sun, May 28, 2006 at 07:24:58PM +0300, Stas Pirogov wrote:
> > Make sure you run:
> > aclocal ; libtoolize ; autoconf
> > in this order (it is wrong in build tests) and test configure
> > again.
>
> tests/build hasn't got this any more, it's moved to autogen.sh, and I'm
> happy to change it, but can you give me a reference for the order?  It
> seems to work both ways for me.

Well, if you look at libtoolize code you'll see that it actually looks for
aclocal.m4 in the current directory. When I run it before aclocal I get
"add the contents of /usr/loca/share/aclocal/libtool.m4 to aclocal.m4"
When aclocal is ran first - no warnings.

I'd also suggest using 'libtoolize --copy' instead of regular one that
creates links to config.guess and config.sub

> A patch to autogen.sh is welcome.

First you should accept the idea :) Then you'll probably add one by
yourself.

Stas.