On Thu, Nov 16, 2006 at 06:48:57PM -0500, Andrew K. Bressen wrote:

> I was on pulsar-zone for a bit today; I saw newbies trickling in and
> out pretty steadily, plus a few regulars like yoda and jrd; had one or
> two humans besides me for much of the last couple of hours. I suspect
> an easier to play server would help draw folks in.

	With regards to pulsar-zone: if there are more then 3-4 humans
	on that server the lag is too attrocious to play, even for me.

	Best case it's around 120ms, worst case, like a few moments
	ago, was > 500ms.

	This is /not/ the server we want n00bs to see for their first
	exposure to the game:  a) the aforememntioned lag issues; b)
	'bots cause higher then normal damage (getting tooled by a SC
	gets old real quick); c) the 'bots on that server are idiotic.

	Combine the 3 and you will turn n00bs off to the game very
	quickly.

							John

--
"I'm sorry but our engineers do not have phones."
As stated by a Network Solutions Customer Service representative when asked to

"My other computer is your windows box."
                                     Ralf Hildebrandt