I tried to fire up the netrek xp mod client yesterday,
since I was at a windows box and I hadn't seen it yet.

Problem:
the windows box I was using had a two-button mouse,
with no way to generate a middle click. (no, pressing
both buttons at once didn't do it, nor any combination of
buttons + ctrl, alt, shift, windows, and startmenu keys).

this means that I couldn't play very well because I couldn't
figure out how to make that damn "helpful tips" box go away!

it sat there in the middle of the screen, blocking part of the
tac view and part of the galactic, mocking me!

Can there be a way to turn that thing off, either a close
button to click on, or having it also close via a shift-click?

  --akb