I was going to reply to mmondor directly but his reply email bounced so
I'll just post it to list in hopes of reaching him.

Date: Tue, 3 Apr 2007 00:32:40 -0700 (PDT)
From: William Balcerski <williamb at its.caltech.edu>
To: Matthew Mondor <mm_lists at pulsar-zone.net>
Subject: Re: [netrek-dev] Broken pulsar-zone listing on meta2

Hey I dropped you a message in your god log, I created 2 jammed slots by
entering the game (first ship) in a base, somehow refitting to a base
worked ok though.  This was on Sunday with the modified super base stats.
Do you have the sysdef settings for SBs somewhere so I can try to
reproduce it, and see if it's some sort of out of bounds problem with a
ship stat?  Sorry to see you decided to remove server, I use it for
testing sometimes, good to have older code to compare against.
Bill