On Tuesday 10 April 2007 12:22, ChronosWS wrote:
> That is true.  However, the copyright holders will be required to go after
> ALL infringing derivative works if they decided to come after me in this
> case, as copyright is only upheld (in the US) if it is equally enforced
> (patents, on the other hand, may be selectively enforced.)  Further, the
> code I am writing is substantially different in architecture.  What may be
> similar could be some of the algorithms used but which I have not had a
> chance to evaluate.

I think you're missing the point a little..

Most of this clean room stuff is to make it so provable that you haven't
soiled your mind with someone elses code that noone will bother suing you on
a pretext to get you to settle.

It's not so much if you think you can win or lose but more about how long you
can afford to pay lawyers to represent you :(

That said I would say the likelyhood of a problem is incredibly low :)

are so many of them to choose from."
  -- Andrew Tanenbaum