On 2/22/07, Colin MacDonald <rogerborg at gmail.com> wrote:

> I'm still tinkering with a 3D client, although RL intrudes to a dreadful
> degree and I only get a few minutes a day to develop it.

Cool.

> http://www.colinmacdonald.pwp.blueyonder.co.uk/pics/netrek3d.gif

Wow that is really something. What program are you using to create the
background, ship icons/models, planet icons/models, weapons?

> Shows it running in parallel with the 2D windows.  All the ships are using a
> Fed CA model just now.

Very cool. Will this be a closed or open source client?

> As I expected, it's the UI and menus that'll take the time.  Eventual
> failure is still on the To Do list. ;)

Onwards and upwards :-)

"Every day and in every way I'm getting better and better." - former
Chief Inspector Dreyfus of the Sûreté after Chief Inspector Jacques
Clouseau drove him to madness

Zach