I wish it were that easy James.

I have experimented with so many different forms of advertising in the past
3 years I have lost count.  Some ads are successful, some aren't.  I have
only seen a few that have had new players pouring in and those are usually
very expensive.  Most others result in a slow trickle.  Just too many games
to compete with.  Not to say the advertising isn't helping, it is.  I am
happy with seeing t-mode everyday and watching the trickle of new players
coming in.  Progress is slow, but it is still progress.  I am seeing new
players every week.

Not trying to step on anyone's toes here, but I still care about Netrek, I
am still crazy and don't plan on giving up on trying to draw in new players
anytime soon.  Based on all the activity I have seen on #netrek and in the
development community I believe there are a lot of people out there that
feel this way.

-Joe

>From: "James Turner-Crowe" <sgtjiminy at hotmail.com>
>To: netrek-dev at us.netrek.org
>Subject: Re: [netrek-dev] Blessed binaries release procedure (CF without
>SF)
>Date: Thu, 29 Mar 2007 19:37:55 +0000
>
>all you need to do is advertise and gamers and star-trek fans will be
>pouring in :)

5.5%* 30 year fixed mortgage rate. Good credit refinance. Up to 5 free
quotes - *Terms
https://www2.nextag.com/goto.jsp?product=100000035&url=%2fst.jsp&tm=y&search=mortgage_text_links_88_h2a5d&s=4056&p=5117&disc=y&vers=910