On Tue, Apr 8, 2008 at 4:54 AM, Andrew K. Bressen
<akb+lists.netrek-dev at mirror.to> wrote:

>  I pretty much agree with Mark M's comments.
>
>  There are two questions in my mind:
>
>   (1) while one channel per team makes sense,
>       should there be a second voice channel for obs,
>       so that they can peanut gallery on their own?

Yea I think that's a good idea..I think we shouldn't ignore the social
aspect of voice and allow for people to chat on a channel that doesn't
interfere with people trying to communicate about in game stuff.

>   (2) should certain macros (mainly distress, maybe ogg call)
>       make a sound in the audio channel?
>       do distresses make any sound now? (linux player talkin here...)

That's part of beeplite (it allows sound files to be mapped to RCDs).
I have about 7 or 8 different beep sounds I put into XP 2006.  Planet
take, escort,  and base ogg are the ones with sound effects by
default, but sound can be added to any RCD.  Though if we are going to
add voice, which serves the same effect as beeplite in that provides a
2nd way to alert players to what to do besides reading the team
message board, I think beeplite should be fully enabled on all servers
:).