Although this is not development related, I'm crossposting to netrek-
dev this one time to reach folks who aren't on the netrek-clue-games
list, due to lack of players lately. If you wish to join the clue game
list, which is miniscule in volume compared to netrek-dev (generally
one email a week announcing World games and another email every 2 - 3
weeks announcing teams playing World), please visit http://groups.google.com/group/netrek-clue-games
  .

The next game will be Wednesday, April 16 at 10PM Eastern (7PM PDT,
3AM UTC).

*** Please take a few moments to read the rest of this message, as it
is important to the continuity of clue games. ***

Of the last four weekly clue games, two were not played due to lack of
players (both had around 12 people present.) I believe these mark the
first instances in over a year that we have not had enough players to
have a game. Due to this, we're going to try moving to a bi-weekly
schedule for now in hopes of getting more people to show up to the
games. I strongly hope that many of you who are on this list but
haven't played games lately will show up and have fun!

We may try an experimental game, such as playing 3-4 overtime-only
games back-to-back, or playing with no bases, based on what the
players who show up want. (I think 3-4 no-regulation sudden-death OTs
could be a lot of fun, and would still take less time than a regular
game. Plus we can easily sub in observers between OTs if we have more
players than slots.) The game will be a draft as usual, unless there
are special balance circumstances.

The game WILL be listed on the metaservers to make connecting more
convenient and help make people more aware of the game.

You may still connect to the server from the command line as usual:

"netrek.exe -h clue.netrek.org -p 4566" for home team
"netrek.exe -h clue.netrek.org -p 4577" for away team
"netrek.exe -h clue.netrek.org -p 4000" for home observer
"netrek.exe -h clue.netrek.org -p 5000" for away observer

Once the game has started, we ask that you please refrain from joining
the queues. This lets busted players rejoin quickly, and lets players
be subbed in and out more easily. If the game is full, please join as
an observer instead and wait for the captains to ask you to join. We
will make every effort to sub you in halfway through the game if a
slot hasn't opened before then. (If we have a ton of people show up it
may not be possible to sub in everyone, but given recent and
historical player counts, I seriously doubt this will be an issue.)

Team captains, please forward this message to your team lists as to
notify team members who may not be on this list. Since there is no
game this week, a reminder will be sent out on April 14.