We have macros for distress, carrying ,etc, and these work great, and
most players become reasonably proficient at reading them in a timely
matter.   The kinds of things I'm thinking of below are things we don't
have macros for, or things that no one uses the macros for-- specific
things that voice would be best for.

My 'for instances' would be:

-- You're dfing at the front and F4 refuses to really get in there and
fight close.  You could tell him after you die, sure, but he'll probably
forget in 10 minutes.  If you keep calling him out over voice, however,
he's much more likely to remember, and get in there and fight.  It may
save you.  You can elaborate on specifically what he's doing wrong, and
get him to do it more correctly.

-- You're carrying to a planet and your escort is moving to the wrong
side.  You tell him over voice to move to the correct side of the
planet.  I can think of a few variations of this, especially when you're
dfing to get there, and you can't break away to type something to them.

-- Ogging, calling the decloak exactly.

-- When some random swedish player grabs a dd and tries to sneak to URS,
and gets dooshed, you can make fun of them in more detail :-)

Ok, the last one was just for fun.  I could come up with more, but I
think it illustrates my point.  Pretty much everything we don't have a
macro for, anything that would involve a whole bunch of typing, is
better done through voice.  Obviously clued players already do a lot of
things correctly... but a lot of players, especially players playing
today, aren't clued.

I suppose the discussion is irrelevant at this point, however, since you
do support voice for chatting and such.  We ought to just implement it
and see how people end up using it.  It's not like we're going to be
able to tell them, "No game related info on voice," anyhow.

-rich