On Mon, Feb 11, 2008 at 07:02:20PM -0500, Zach wrote:
> I've noticed with some netrek players you can't get certain
> information such as when you send @ to their slot it does not return a
> hostmask or ip, it just gives a blank line, the other case is when
> pinging someone (!) it will say that it could not ping them.
>
> I am curious exactly what is occuring on the player's end to cause
> these 2 behaviors? If they had a firewall it must be allowing UDP
> through.

	These are client side issues.  The clients in question (older
	paradise clients I believe, mactrek, possibly others) do not
	respond to the inquiry commands you are sending them.

							John

--
"I'm sorry but our engineers do not have phones."
As stated by a Network Solutions Customer Service representative when asked to

"My other computer is your windows box."
                                     Ralf Hildebrandt
<sxem> trying to play sturgeon while it's under attack is apparently not fun.