=- . . wrote on Tue  2.Sep'08 at  7:43:34 -0800 -=

> New servers while typically rare *should* be able to list.

Yes, but ...
- phantom servers listed by bad meta code or policy is bad.
- real servers without quick-response admin (1,2,3d, up to policy)
can become bad.

> Given that clients point to a single metaserver by default,

I believed it was round robin behind metaserver.netrek.org.
if not, maybe this could be put up (or back).