On Tue, Mar 16, 2010 at 03:50:21AM -0400, Zachary Uram wrote:

> Maybe it would be effective way to target people wary of downloading
> and installing a client.

	Oh, please.

> Lots of kids use library computers and it doesn't let you download and
> run .EXE but I think
> they could run Flash.

	And it would still likely be a violation of the policy of the
	institutions in question; I'm sure that libraries want their
	patrons using their resources to play netrek.

	Plus the last I checked flash was still a closed technology,
	didn't we go through the whole closed-source thing with Trent's
	client?  Do we want to go down that road again?

	Historically flash has also not been the most stable plugin;
	I still hear almost daily of incidents where flash barfs
	on both linux and win32/64 platforms.  Not to mention that
	I don't see flash being a viable platform for netrek
	requirements.

	IM(ns)HO, this is just a waste of time and effort; time and
	effort that could be much better spent elsewhere.

							John

--
All I ask is this: Do something.  Try something.  Speaking out, showing up,
writing a letter, a check, a strongly worded e-mail.  Pick a cause -- there

-- Joss Whedon (1964-), writer and film director