On 2012-09-19 17:23:24 +0000, Bob Tanner said:

> My packet trace looks nothing like a real client so I'm looking forhelp
> on what I'm doing wrong (pseudocode):
>
> connect to server port 2593
> send CP_SOCKET
> assume I don't need to send CP_FEATURE?
> read SP_MOTD

Lots of my previous problems had to do with packet sizes and switching
to the stdint.h stuff cleaned up a lot of the problems.

I'm back to understanding how an observer connects to the server.

Here is what my packet trace looks like, which isn't lining up with the
documented state machine.

connect to port 2593
CP_SOCKET
SP_MOTD
CP_LOGIN
SP_YOU
SP_ LOGIN
SP_HOSTILE
SP_PL_LOGIN
SP_KILLS
SP_PSTATUS
SP_FLAGS

I keep gettig SP_FLAGS until I ghostbust.

Looking for some help on what should I do next (as far as the state
machine goes)?

Thanks.

--
Bob Tanner <basic at us.netrek.org>
Key fingerprint = 9906 320A 8BB6 64AD 96A7  7785 CBFB 10BF 568B F98C