Michael Denison (Splunty) sent me a message on Facebook Sunday evening that
caught me completely by surprise.  He mentioned that Dan Damouth (Tuber) had
passed away back in 2010.  Doubly shocking as it turned out that Dan was only
a year younger than myself.

I am including Michael's message here for completeness.

I don't know how else to share bad news with you.

One of the netrek folk discovered that Dan Damouth passed away September 19,
2010. I don't know if you were as close to him as some of us were, but if you
were, I think you have to know.

One of us should probably share with the netrek community.

Hope you're doing well.

This was the first that I had heard of it which, considering that I was not
especially close to Dan, isn't all that surprising. I would, however, have
hoped someone in the community would have heard something about this before
now and passed the information on :(

I did some research and was not able to locate an official obituary for
Dan but I did manage to locate:

http://larryvoyer.com/genealogy/getperson.php?personID=I194285&tree=v7_28

Michael has confirmed that this was indeed him.

Besides getting this information out to what remains of the netrek
community I was wondering if anyone else had any information regarding
Dan's passing.

I've contacted Addison and asked him to reach out to Jitesh and that
crowd.

My thanks to Michael for informing me of this loss.

							John

--
Stupidity has a knack of getting its way.

-- Albert Camus (1913-1960), Algerian-French author and Absurdist philosopher,
   The Plague (1947)