On Wed, Sep 19, 2012 at 06:43:30PM -0500, Bob Tanner wrote:
> On 2012-09-19 23:30:25 +0000, James Cameron said:
>
> >but by far the best sniffer we have at
> >the moment is Gytha.
>
> aka netrek-client-pygame?

Yes

> Hosted at http://james.tooraweenah.com/darcs/netrek-client-pygame ?

Yes, and I've just fixed that, please try again.  I'm yet to get the
darcs web interface working again, after losing the configuration in
an equipment failure.  I use darcs so rarely now, so I'm inclined to
convert to git, and did some work on that last night, but darcs-to-git
fails half way with a patch that created a conflict.  Next thing to
try is darcs-bridge aka darcs-fastconvert.

> I think I found my problem, the whole motd handling is convoluted.
>
> Poking around
>
> client.py:tcp_readable
> client.py:tcp_readable_steam
> client.py:tcp_read_more
>
> I see some funky handling of "large" packets.
>
> Let me poke around more.

If I recall correctly, the challenge is that the socket layer returns
the data in precise order, but with chunk boundaries unlike the
transmission.  Hence the buffering.

> To be honest I really like the simple and elegant python code you
> wrote. The obj-c stuff seems messy.

I'm a simple kinda guy.  ;-)

--
James Cameron