On 2012-09-19 17:23:24 +0000, Bob Tanner said:

> connect to server port 2593
> send CP_SOCKET
> assume I don't need to send CP_FEATURE?
> read SP_MOTD

Making progress.

I need to stop thinking Linux+C :-)

Still having some bugs related to processing the SP_MOTD stuff.

As I'm building game packets from the TCP stream I see a SP_MOTD packet
what is just "@@@".

On continuum I see the MOTD come across then I believe the text
representation of stuff in sysdef (see below). Is the "@@@" a boundry
marker of some sort?

I see on MacTrek it's uses as a "flag" to say the MOTD is "done".

Thanks.

<snip>
Welcome to The Continuum, please enjoy the game.
Real Time Enterprises, Inc.  http://www.real-time.com

2009-07-11

See http://netrek.org/ for more about Netrek.

This server welcomes new players to Netrek.

Expert players are encouraged to educate new players by leading
and showing a good example ... rather than dishearten them by insisting
on dodge practice.  Not everyone can read.

--
Hosting : Basic <basic at us.netrek.org>
Administration : Quozl <quozl at us.netrek.org>
@@@
Binary Verification           : disabled
Tournament Mode               : 4 players / side
Ships Allowed                 : SC DD CA BB AS SB
Tractor/Pressor Beams         : enabled
Plasma Torpedoes              : enabled
Kills Required for Plasma     : 2
Rank Required for SB          : Captain (4)
Planets Required for SB       : 5
Hidden Mode                   : tournament only
Multiple Entry Planets        : no
Chaos Mode                    : disabled
Hunter Killer                 : No
Message to GOD Log            : Yes
SB Transwarp                  : Yes
Surrender Counter             : 2

--
Bob Tanner <basic at us.netrek.org>
Key fingerprint = 9906 320A 8BB6 64AD 96A7  7785 CBFB 10BF 568B F98C