Hello. I'm not sure whether this email address is still maintained, but I
am having some problems installing a personal netrek server and was
wondering if you could help me. The INSTALL file in the source code said
"For assistance, write to netrek-dev at us.netrek.org."

My problem is not exactly the installing. The configure, make, make install
worked well. It is when I connect a client to it that things start going
wrong. If a client sends any message, my server will say ***buffer overflow
detected***: netserv terminated then it gives the backtrace and memory map
meanwhile the client crashes (the program still runs but nothing happens no
matter what you do). Whenever the server enters t-mode,kills a robot, or
sometimes when another player enters the game the same thing happens.

I'm also not sure if I am using the right software and hardware. I'm
running Ubuntu 14.04 LTS on what used to be a windows desktop pc (hp
pavilion elite m9425f PC).

Any help or pointers would be very much appreciated.

Thanks
Tommy