Am 09.03.2018 um 05:33 schrieb James Cameron:
> New feature for Linux kernel may be used to more accurately pace
> packets sent from Netrek server to client.
>
> https://lwn.net/Articles/748744/
>
> At the moment packet timing has jitter because it is implemented in
> user space.

Interesting.
However, do you think it's worth it? Have you measured the jitter?

My guess is that it's less than 1ms unless the server and/or its network
interfaces is/are under considerable load.

Also delaying the packet just to reduce the jitter would make them
stale, wouldn't it?
Dropping a packet when it couldn't be sent in time doesn't sound very
appealing either.

-Sven