Java Netrek Client is now playable!  I fixed multi-button support!

Here’s the GitHub for the source: https://github.com/netrek/JavaNetrek

For the latest release, including a runnable .jar file, go to https://github.com/netrek/JavaNetrek/releases/latest

It needs more testing.  I have not tried to run it on Windows or Linux.  But it works against both C/Bronco pickled.netrek.org <http://pickled.netrek.org/> (by default) and (via command-line switch) my Swift/Empire server at netrek.networkmom.net <http://netrek.networkmom.net/>!

CPU usage is high.  Number of updates per second seems low.  I’ve attached a screenshot of a JProfiler run, but haven’t yet tried to improve performance.

As always, 99% of the source code is thanks to Robert Temple.  I just did 1% to update it from Java 1.2 to recent JVMs.

Darrell