I would be interested in keeping IRIX support alive, assuming it is even alive...

I will try and build it and see how it goes.

-----Original Message-----
From: netrek-dev <netrek-dev-bounces at us.netrek.org> On Behalf Of James Cameron
Sent: Tuesday, February 8, 2022 7:13 PM
To: netrek-dev at us.netrek.org
Subject: [netrek-dev] Removing historical UNIX support

Both client and server C code have a lot of historical baggage for very old UNIX systems.  I'd like to remove some of that, as the baggage makes ongoing maintenance a little harder than it could be.

For instance, I recently removed RETSIGTYPE from COW because autoconf's autoupdate suggested it was no longer required.

Pull requests welcome.

I don't wish to appear to be focused on Linux, but I only test on Linux so if you have a favourite UNIX or UNIX-like operating system, please get involved.