Good points.  For this game, I'd like to adapt the hockey clue game pickup style
of picking teams.

First 16 come get to play, and 2 will volunteer being captains.  There will be a
coin toss to choose which captain gets to choose first, then captains will pick
people out of the pool of 16 players (and will reserve observers, because first
show up should play)

pick order should be the follow,

a b b a a b b a a b b a a b a b (Ob Oa Oa Ob for observers who are willing to
participate)

Hope this works, and if it does then we will continue this tradition for upcoming
SC vs DD, DD vs BB, and more to come.

leemy