While the VCR suggestion was the best from the flame Iggies, Tuesday is
still, as T.E. Lackey has mentioned, a day where all the premiere shows run
and is one of the few days that people with significant others or friends
spend significant time watching television. Thursday is the only other day
where this really occurs. The other days, such as Friday, Saturday, Sunday,
and Monday tend to contain social events, family events, and football, as
well. This only leaves Wednesday where the turnout would be the best. I
believe another person commented that he had hockey practice on Tuesday as
well. If I am not mistaken, increasing player turnout and tuning out the
conventional flame Iggies  would be ideal to increase interest, to increase
the sample size of players, and thus, increase the validity of the game
statistics collected--something even an conventional flaming Netrek geek
would have interest.